Political Pizza

Political Pizza

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Abort That Pizza, Chef.

A woman’s right to choose abortion has become an issue in the campaigns for state office.  Paladino and Cuomo both have very different opinions on this national topic. The National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League has jumped in and stated their opinion and has bashed Paladino for this stance against abortion.  Being raised Catholic, Paladino has always had very strong beliefs on this topic. “My personal opinions may differ from what the laws are. I will enforce the laws of the State of New York,” said Paladino. He also stated that he would try and change the law.  This is the very reason why some women wouldnt vote for him.  They would charged as criminals because of their opinion.  Cuomo, on the other hand, says “They’ve been lulled into a false sense of security.”   Women have been misled, thinking that they could have their opinion, but in reality, that right is taken away.  Cuomo feels as though Paladino's opinion on the subject is extreme. “That is a frightening position from a woman’s point of view, and society’s point of view,” said Cuomo. I like how Cuomo is trying to view this issue from everyone's perspective. I chose this subject because I am a woman and feel very strongly about this issue.  I feel as though it is the woman's decision to keep a baby or not, not some politicans.  The candidate I agree with is obviously Cuomo.  He viewed the situation from a woman's point of view and that gives me a sense of sercurity because he cares about what the people want, not just himself and that gives me satisfaction.


Alison Cohen
B Band

No comments:

Post a Comment